Make an enquiry
10 Fire Risk Assessment mistakes
The 10 most common mistakes when completing a Fire Risk Assessment – you could be making them right now!
- DONE FROM A DESKTOP
- There is no physical inspection of the building
- In most instances answering like this will not be deemed suitable and sufficient
- Must conclude in an action plan with ranking and suitable timescales
- If you are not trained and competent, the chances are you’ll be avoiding the main risks!
- Often overlooked is working to the right legislation, supporting documents and British Standards
- Tell your employees and pass on significant findings of the assessment
- Is your report current; a true reflection of the premises
- It is essential that all occupants know what to do in the event of a fire and deploy the evacuation strategy effectively
- Have you acted on the findings or just filed the report away until next time
- The person completing the assessment can be prosecuted
Mark and his team organise site visits very efficiently for our range of properties across London
The whole town turns out for our event and we spend a huge amount of time making it fun for all. We are always grateful to Mark for double checking our procedures helping us to make it safe for everyone.
Mark was a fantastic contributor and expert consultant for a programme ACC recently produced on Fire Safety for Care Homes. Mark was a great pleasure to work with, always extremely supportive, forthcoming and responsive to all of our queries, demonstrating great expertise. He was able to adapt quickly to the challenges of filming, taking on the additional role of presenter with great patience, skill and professionalism. We look forward to the opportunity of working on further programmes together in the future.
Care home risk management
All the services you would expect
More than any other place, care homes need to constantly update their emergency procedure. Assisted evacuation and assessing each and every resident is key in formulating an emergency plan that works for everybody.
Make an enquiry
Free online test for small offices and shops
Take our tea break test … A free Q&A survey to find out your level of risk of fire.
Please note this is intended for use with small offices and shops. For anything larger, call us. That’s the sales pitch done, now take the test …